The Point of Sale system in OnCloud is designed to integrate your inventory and accounting, while at the same time, it provides you with a fast, user-friendly system for managing Point of Sale counters.
The steps involved in using the Point of Sale system are as follows:
- Set up pole displays, if required.
- Set up cash counters that involves setting up details for opening the register, the opening code, the port, the pole display port and driver. The setup also includes setting up default payment methods for receipts, payments and change due, forms for printing Point of Sale receipts, allowing for split payments in multiple currencies and change due against non-cash payments.
- Open the cash register to make it available for transactions.
- Log in to cash register to create POS invoices and POS credit transactions to account for sales and returns.
- Declare the cash register to reconcile the cash register contents with collections as per the system.
- Lock/Unlock the cash register.
The Point of Sale invoicing system has been designed for touch screen compatibility. The user interface has been designed to facilitate the following:
- Speed of operations.
- Minimal orientation - The employees manning Point of Sale counters are often part timers or temporary personnel. Hence, the invoice screen is as user-friendly and simple as possible.
- Minimization of mistakes and errors, especially while handling of cash.